Get into the mood for al fresco dining, as Simran Dhanju whips up dishes that scrumptiously complement the season
Pineapple and Honey Glazed Chicken
• 500g chicken breast fillet
• ¼ cup pineapple Juice
• ¼ cup honey
• 1tsp red chilli flakes
• 2tbsp lime juice
• Zest of 1 lime
• 1½tsp salt
• 3tbsp oil
• ½tsp dark soy sauce
• Wash and cut chicken fillets in thick strips.
• In a bowl combine pineapple juice, honey, chilli flakes, lime juice, salt, oil and
soy sauce. Add chicken strips; mix, cover and keep it in refrigerator for minimum
2 hours or overnight.
• Light up charcoals, prepare the barbeque grill, place chicken strips on grilling tray,
cover with lid, and grill for 4-6 minutes. In-between, keep basting chicken with
leftover marinade. Grill until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
Serve with salad and bread on side.
Spinach Salad with Avocado and Cilantro Dressing
• 250g/ 4 cups baby spinach
• 2 plums, sliced
• ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
• 1 medium beetroot, cut in juliennes
• 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted
• 10-12 walnut halves toasted
• 1 large avocado
• ½ cup cilantro leaves
• 1 clove garlic
• 2tbsp sour cream
• ¼ cup yogurt
• 1 ½tbsp lime juice
• Salt & pepper
• Wash salad leaves and pat dry.
• For dressing, blend all the dressing ingredients together in blender.
• Arrange salad leaves in a bowl. Place plums; pour dollops of dressing, garnish with
beetroot juliennes, pomegranate, pine nuts and walnuts on top.
• Serve as a side with grilled chicken or meat.
– Simran is a celebrated chef and a winner of multi cooking competitions; she creates visual delights artfully by merging traditional flavours.