Enjoy a guilt-free meal with these easy to cook healthy recipes
Baked French Fries
- 4tsp olive oil
- 4 medium size potatoes – scrubbed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and apply olive oil with a brush.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into wedges that are half inch in thickness.
- Transfer it to a large bowl and add the remaining olive oil. Toss it well to coat. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt and black pepper and toss again.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and back at 450-degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and sprinkle Parmesan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until tender and golden.
Pesto Crust-less Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1tbsp basil pesto
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pesto, pepper and salt.
- Now add in peas, cheese and the whipped egg white and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into pie pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until eggs are set and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 10 whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons corns flour
- Dash of Kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Roast almonds for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- When cooled, mince the almonds in a food processor or with a knife.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt and sugar. Add egg yolk and gradually stir in milk. Continue stirring until well combined.
- Turn the flame to medium heat and cook while stirring constantly. Continue cooking until a pudding like consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- While the pudding is still warm, pour a portion of pudding and alternate it with banana slices in individual dessert bowls.
- Sprinkle minced almonds on top of the pudding and top with whipped cream if you desire.